Thursday, October 16, 2008

about me


I have always been a visual learner, a creative thinker, and an organizer. I fell in love with graphic design when I was in college. I was a little unsure of what to declare as my major. I knew I wanted to take a lot of art classes and learned I had to be an art major to do that. When I read about graphic design my heart skipped a beat. It seemed to be the perfect mix of art, technology, and organization. Sure enough, it proved to be the perfect fit for me. I found out later that my dad had studied graphic design in college as well, so it may just have been in my blood all along. Four and a half years later I had recieved my Associates Degree in Graphic Design from BYU-I (then known as Ricks College) and my Bachelor's degree in Visual Arts with an emphasis in graphic design from BYU. After graduating I worked for a phone book company, a sign company, and in marketing.

Other Random Facts about me:
-I am a stay-at-home mom.
-I love all things domestic. 
-I grew up in the Northwest and miss it dearly.
-I have a great love for the outdoors.
-I am the fourth of five girls.
-My husband is the sixth of six boys.
-My husband has an identical twin brother.
-My husband and I have been married for five years.
-We have an adorable little two year old boy.
-Other hobbies of mine include photography, crafting, cooking, and reading.