Sunday, September 13, 2009

this past week...

...I worked on recovering a bassinet I bought about a year ago at a garage sale. It took me a lot longer than I thought, so I apologize for the lack of posts last week.

I originally bought the bassinet because it was in such good condition and thought it would be a good mobile and functional baby center for this little baby on the way. Unfortunately after I washed it it seemed to be in worse condition than when I bought it. The terry cloth material that lined the inside of it got all 'pilly' and over time the whole style of it bugged me more and more. Eventually I decided to be brave and attempt to recover it. Here are the results (I can't believe I pulled it off and love it):


I got the pattern for the birds in the mobile here.

In other baby getting ready news I received this blanket in the mail this week:

I bought it here on etsy. I love it too, even more than I thought I would.

My next couple of projects in the works include:

  • binkie clips
  • burp rags
  • booties
  • bibs
  • quiet books

...oh and clean house, make some freezer meals, and pack my hospital bag.

We'll see what I can get to before this baby comes... maybe I better start by packing my hospital bag;)

3 comments:

Ethatch said...

DArling birdies--and blanket, not to mention the bassinet!

Alison said...

Kaela, I love it all! I'm so happy for you...new babies are so much fun...HAPPY NESTING! ;-)

Anna said...

you have mad sewing skills. I love it.